The church of San Biagio was founded in 1052, modernised during the Gothic era, and rebuilt after 1749.
San Biagio was closed in 1810, but reopened seven years later when it was used as the chapel for the neighbouring naval base.
The church houses the tomb of Angelo Emo, the last Capitano da Mar of the Venetian Republic.
The tomb is the work of Giovanni Ferrari (1744-1826), also known as il Torretto.
Tomb of Angelo Emo
Copyright © David Lown 2001-2016. All rights reserved.