The small church (chiesetta) of San Bonaventura, which is located in the sestier di Canaregio, was built in 1620 for a branch of the Franciscans.
The church was part of a monastic complex, which was suppressed by Napoleon in 1810. The church was closed and the monastery was destroyed. In 1859 the church became part of a convent, which, in turn, was converted into a children's hospital.
San Bonaventura has been emptied of all its original fixtures and fittings.
Copyright © David Lown 2001-2016. All rights reserved.